All content appearing on this website is considered public information (unless otherwise noted) and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credit is requested if you choose distribute or copy any content from this website. While VEDC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information, various data such as contact names, telephone numbers, and so forth may change prior to updating. VEDC appreciates suggestions on how to improve our home page and correct errors. VEDC provides no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of published content. Some of the information on this website may contain live references (or pointers) to information created and maintained by other organizations. Please note that VEDC does not control and cannot guarantee the relevance, timeliness, or accuracy of outside materials.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this website are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the computer fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act. Information may also be used for authorized law enforcement investigations.
How We Protect Your Information
We store information electronically and we have implemented commercially reasonable safeguards to protect data. Unfortunately, no data collector can guarantee complete security and no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, VEDC cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online products or services. You transmit all such information at your own risk subject to our commercially reasonable electronic and procedural safeguards.
Any statistics regarding your VEDC website usage that may be reviewed by our own management are provided in the aggregate only and do not include any personally identifiable information about any individual user. Any person, whether a VEDC employee or a third party we have retained, who needs access to your personal information in order to fulfill your request for a product or service is not permitted to use or disclose that information for any other purpose.
You should remember that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, such as on message boards, through E-mail, discussion groups, or in chat areas, your information could be viewed and used by others. You need to decide whether you are comfortable with disclosing your own information online through these media.
The Information We May Collect
VEDC collects certain information from and about its users in three ways — directly from the user, from our Web server logs and with cookies.
- User-Supplied Information: When you sign up for our E-mail list, we may ask you for your name, E-mail address, and some other personal information. The more accurate information you volunteer, the better we are able to customize your VEDC website experience.
- Server Log Information: When you visit an Internet Website, you disclose certain information about yourself, such as your Internet (TCP/IP) address, the time of your visit, and the referring location (e.g., the site or page that offered a link to a VEDC page). VEDC, like many other sites, records this basic information about visits to its site.
How and When Information Is Used
We use information in different ways, depending on the type of information:
- User-Supplied Information: This information is used for purposes such as personalization and verification. Examples of user-supplied information are your name, address, phone number, E-mail address, and other demographic information. This information can be used creating an individualized Internet environment, selective E-mail user groups, and targeted educational opportunities.
- Web Server Logs: This information helps us identify which areas of our site are of interest to our visitors. VEDC also collects the Internet (TCP/IP) addresses of its visitors for the purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information concerning site usage, to our management, and partners. This information is typically regarded as survey data. For example, this information can be used to determine the percentage of international visitors to our Website
- Cookies: We use “cookies” to let you use our services more easily and to let us keep track of certain statistical information that helps us improve our site and services. Cookies allow us to save passwords and preferences for you so that you won’t have to re-enter them the next time you visit.
Who Has Access to the Information
Except as described below, when you are at the VEDC site and are asked for personal information in connection with a product or a service, you share that information only with VEDC. Beyond this limited and secure transactional context, VEDC does not make personal information available to any third parties except when we believe in good faith that the law requires it (including to law enforcement in the event it is requested through appropriate legal channels), or that it is necessary to protect the terms under which this site may be used.
If you have any questions, concerns or wish to report to us about our privacy efforts, please send an email to email@example.com.